Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Why is it always the tutors?


  Why is it on craigslist when a tutor wants to offer their services that instead of posting to "services > lessons", they post to  "jobs > education/teaching"? This is nothing uncommon in flag help forum, it comes up all the time. A quick search for tutors shows this phenomenon to occur regularly on craigslist.  These are the very people we trust with educating us, or our children. Tutors seem to have a tough time discerning offering a service, from offering a job position.  It makes one question our educational system, and our schools of "higher learning", what is going on?  Perhaps these tutors could use some tutoring in the use of craigslist, but alas, who will tutor the tutors?  Well till we get better answers here is yet another post by a tutor completely baffled as to why people looking for a job flagged this ad offering a service.  




Why was my ad flagged? redcherry11 > 09/15 18:06:42
My post was this:

Title: Tutor Available!

Body: "Hello! I am a junior at the University of Colorado seeking a degree in both Mathematics (with an emphasis in secondary education) and Theatre. I am very dedicated to my studies and my passion for teaching math and science in a way that helps students learn better and so that they might actually ENJOY learning about the subjects that most students tend to dislike. I am looking to tutor students in the Boulder/Louisville area in the subjects of algebra 1, algebra 2, and calculus. In high school I was also in the AP language and literature classes so if the student needs writing/reading tutoring, I can do that as well. I have good study habits that I more than willing to pass onto students to help them learn how to be a better note taker/studier. Please let me know if you are looking for a part-time tutor and think that I could be a good fit for your child/ren.

Thanks!"

Category: Education/Teaching Jobs

City: Boulder 


http://sfbay.craigslist.org/forums/?ID=169247714 <---Click here to view entire thread.


                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment