Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fixxer's pick of the day, "That price is not a typo".

This is a real ad that a poster brought into flag help wondering why it was flagged. I had about 30,000 reason it may have been flagged. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. Enjoy, TheFixxer






Title: 94 Ford F-150 - 40 mpg - $30000
Body:
Please do not flag. This a street-legal truck. Here's an example of how this is done, see www.shadetreeconversions.com . It is real, it does work. Payment will be taken when the vehicle is picked up locally. And I have no problem if you want to fill up the tank, drive it for a couple of hours and top off the tank to prove to yourself the fuel economy. But if after reading this, you still want to flag it, at least do me the courtesy of emailing me WHY you think this needs to be flagged...

OK, so yes, you read that right. 40+ miles per gallon in normal driving conditions. No patent, nothing magic about it.

A few comments about this truck. Standard truck, nothing fancy but not trashed/wrecked either. Overall in good shape.

Brand new non-standard diesel engine and new non-standard-ford transmission. I can assure you, no reason to bother taking it in for emissions testing. If you live where emissions testing is required, this is not the vehicle for you. I think it could be made to pass emissions testing, but I'm being honest to tell you that it does not right now. It's a standard diesel engine you see in farm equipment every day of the week, it just doesn't meet the hug-a-tree insane breathable-exhaust EPA requirements. And it's not a quiet engine, think of farm equipment sound levels. Not deafening, but not quiet. It's a diesel engine. 



So you might think I'm crazy to ask $30k for a 17 year old truck. But do the math. Let's say you buy a couple year old truck for $20k and it gets 15 mpg. Drive it for 150k miles, and that's 10,000 gallons of gas at $4/gallon, or $40k. You would have spent $20k for the truck & $40k in fuel and now have an old, fairly worthless truck. $60k out the door. Consider this truck. You drive the same 150k miles, but only use 3,750 gallons. At $4/gallon, you've only spent $15k in diesel. Add it up, you only spent $45k. Saved $15k right off the top, and as a diesel truck this thing will be still worth far more than any gas-guzzler. And that assumes gas doesn't keep going up (Thank you Mr. President and your OPEC friends).

And please serious inquiries only. If I don't reply, the truck is gone. I'm not going to spend an afternoon explaining the modifications. I'm not going to send pictures. I'm not in the consulting business. And no financing: If you don't have money don't ask me. I'm not listing a phone number because I'm not looking to answer 1000 stupid questions. Email me your name/number. This is a local sale, I'm just outside Travis County (no wire transfers to Nigeria required). This truck won't last long, I'll delete this when it's gone.

And I can also make your early 90's ford truck get the same fuel economy for $25k. Don't ask about Chevy/GM/Dodge, you can dump those trucks in your Stimulus Package. 




No comments:

Post a Comment